Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Gadgets are New!

I've been struggling a lot with my scheduling. I am working seven days a week at 2 jobs, and attending school 2 nights a week. (It was 3 days a week but I finished one of the courses.) Combined with running the house, paying the bills, parenting the kid, and my social life, my food planning, grocery shopping and coking food ahead has been a struggle/non-existent.

So I have decided to step a bit back from keto, though I love it, and ease up to a mostly slow carb diet. I have 6 weeks left of this gruelling schedule and will shift back until then. On the bright side, my weight has been maintained within 5 lbs. despite my struggles. Last night I made a big batch of Vegetarian Chili from the Eat Clean Diet book by Tosca Reno. Despite having no meat in it, it remains one of my favourite recipe in the world.

I also managed to lose my heart rate strap in a zipper malfunction on my backpack, which resulted in me purchasing the Polar H7 Heart Rate monitor, which has bluetooth capability. Now I can use my phone or ipad to connect with my HRM which in turns allows me to feed my gadget addiction.

I also went out and got myself a Fitbit Flex. I really enjoyed my Shine activity tracker until the clasp malfunctioned and I lost it. Customer service at Shine never bothered to respond to my email, so fuck those guys.

The Fitbit was really easy to set up, and I have my profile set up on the ipad and android phone, so no matter where I am, I can compulsively check it allll day long. I've set my first goal to 5000 steps, which I beat into the earth today. That being said, I am having a lot of pain in my lower legs today.

My next fitness gadget is a no-electricity required one. I am considering the Rogue Fitness Voodoo Flossing bands, to see if they will help with my lack of ankle mobility, shin and leg pain. I want to get back to squatting and deadlifting, but without the horrific pain!

That's it for now, I will update on my Fitbit goals soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment