Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Game: Find a treadmill to make a treadmill desk

I want to play video games AND I want to get exercise. So the new aim of the game this month is to find a treadmill that I can use for a treadmill desk. I have been thinking a lot about the desk portion, and decided rather than build one, I am going to research them and figure out which one to go with.

My favourite is the GeekDesk, a nice, clean and simple design, however they are a little larger than I am looking for, so the dear continues.

I've done enough research to know that I don't want a manual/crank adjustment sit-to-stand desk.  I think the motorized adjustable is probably the best way to go at this point. That's also why I wouldn't be trying to build one; I have no idea what to do to motorize it going up and down.

Looking at the results so far, I think it's harder to find a sit-to-stand desk in Canada, and I think it's a lot more expensive than I would like to spend, but c'est la vie.

What else is new?

I've been struggling here and there with the food, but it was Halloween season, so I had a few pieces of candy every few days, and that showed up as stalled fat loss. My own responsibility. Regardless, I was definitely feeling the whole Halloween dress-up this year. Here is my second costume, as I had three throughout the weekend and on Halloween itself.



This week I have started back on eating really, really clean, and will be doing a low carb eating plan, as opposed to a slow carb eating plan for the next 2-3 weeks to jumpstart. It's not for everyone, I know, but I actually really enjoy the challenge of hitting my macros, and I figure if I gear down to slow carb every few weeks, I can make this work better. And of course, I get my free Saturdays still so I can indulge if I choose

My downfall as always is planning, so I have to commit to setting my menu and making sure that my food is available to cook, pack, or bring to work with me. For now I am going to use My Fitness Pal, as I can adjust the Macronutrients in the tracking section.

Word, nerd.


No comments:

Post a Comment