Thursday, June 7, 2012

I have been felled by a Migraine! Ack!

Hello kids.

It's 6:11 p.m. and I am just getting up and out of bed for the day. That's right. I woke up at 4:30 this fine morning because my head was POUNDING. I forced myself to drink a crap-load of water and take some ibuprofen, but by 6:30 a.m. it was pretty obvious that I was not running into work. Luckily one of my coworkers was able to cover for me.

I may try some low-impact stretching or (ack) yoga a bit later, to see if I can't help out my poor head a little more.

I have been having a lot of fun with the new heart rate monitor that I got, but I am now 2 days behind for doing any activity. I am also loving the Nexercise app on my ipod. I have a few friends that I am competing against for minutes per week. I'm winning so far, ha ha ha.

I also have started a bet with a friend over a 20 lb recomp goal for September. If I don't recomp 20 lbs. (get rid of fat and gain muscle) then I owe her $250 bucks. That's gonna hurt if I don't get it, so I really better tighten up on the food and exercise.



Speaking of food, I made a bunch of Lentil-Loaf cupcakes this week. They're fairly tasty (especially with the Daiya! It's a non-dairy cheese alternative which is really, really tasty to cook with,) and easy to take with you. Throw some veggies in on the side and you have an easy meal. All I need now is a new lunchbag, as the zipper has completely detached itself from my little neoprene bag. I was eying the one over at Not An Effing Diet, but I will probably hit a local place, maybe see if the Good Catch General Store has some in stock.

Anyway, the computer screen is not helping the headache situation. I think I might crawl back into bed for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment